June 26, 2013

Language Freak Summer Challenge: June Update


Hi, everybody! It's end of June already, and we're like half-way through the Language Freak Summer Challenge! So the question is...


We haven't had a lot of reviews this month, just two (unless I've missed yours, then please tell me so!). I hope this means you are all having a great time outside! Are you? :)

I've read one book in Czech and have started another one, which is actually not a book, but an anthology for literature classes in Czech schools. I'm especially interested in the sections about Czech literature, because where else do you find that kind of info? :) That leaves me with only one book in German to go to finish the challenge, but I hope to read more than the minimum! There are still 2 months left!

Two new participants have joined us  this month, so say hello to:
  1. Natalie @ Many Media Musings - French and maybe Arabic, Irish, or Scottish Gaelic
  2. Juleschka @ Buchlogbuch - Russian and maybe Croatian
  3. a hot cup of pleasure - Urdu

Don't forget, that you can find the list of all the participants in sign-up post, see the link on the top of the sidebar.

And here is the list of all the reviews we have so far:

Challenge reviews by language:

Danish: 
Det caribiske mysterium by Agatha Christie (Jean @ Howling Frog Books)

French:

German:

Spanish:
Harry Potter y la cámara secreta by J. K. Rowling (me)

There is still some time until the end of the month, so if you've read something in a foreign language and want to write about your experience, you still have time!

Good luck with your reading and see you in the end of July!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Ekaterina, thanks for mentioning me :) Since you were asking I made an Update-post on what has been going on. If you are interested, you can check it out here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a little German book-- http://howlingfrog.blogspot.com/2013/07/der-struwwelpeter.html

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...