It's here, yay! I was afraid that nobody will take it over from Sarah, but brave Karen has decided to host it! I'm so glad, as it's one of my favourite challenges EVAR :) This year, classics chould be published before 1964. Aaaand here are the categories:
- A 20th Century Classic: Foundation by Isaac Asimov
- A 19th Century Classic: The Warden by Anthony Trollope
- A Classic by a Woman Author
- A Classic in Translation: Historia Brittonum attributed to Nennius (Latin -> Russian)
- A Wartime Classic: The Fortune of the Rougons by Émile Zola
- A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You: The History of the Kings of Britain and Life of Merlin by Geoffrey of Monmouth
- An American Classic: A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
- A Classic Mystery, Suspense or Thriller
- A Historical Fiction Classic: A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- A Classic That's Been Adapted Into a Movie or TV Series: The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
- Extra Fun Category: Write a Review of the Movie or TV Series adapted from Optional Category #4. This can be any adaptation -- does not have to be adapted before 1964. For example, if you chosePride and Prejudice, you could review any adaptation -- 1940, 1980, 1995, 2005, etc. However, this must be a separate blog posting -- no fair just mentioning it in the book review!
Aren't they the best? Of course I'll do all of them, including the optional ones! And I'll link my reviews here.