Around the World in 80 Books Reading Challenge
You would probably say that I'm hooked on challenges, but I really like the idea of this one. It is called Around the World in 80 Books and is hosted by Stacey at Have Books, Will Travel.
I have made my own rules (I may, may I?), as Stacey's are probably too much for me. So here is my modified version:
- I have five years to complete my journey. My start date is November 6, 2012 and my end date will be November 5, 2017. Who knows what will happen in 5 years, I'll just go at my own pace and pick up what I like, as my main reason for this undertaking is to explore a bit and probably find something new out of my comfort zone.
- I'm counting the books that take place in a particular country. If a book takes place in multiple countries then I will count it towards the country I don't yet have in my list. A cheat? You bet! ;)
- I can't promise to research a lot about the country, but if there are some cultural peculiarities in the book, I may include some background knowledge that I find interesting in my reviews.
My Book List:
1. CZECH REPUBLIC:
- Povídky z druhé kapsy (Stories from Another Pocket) by Karel Čapek
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
- Henry V by William Shakespeare
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- The Mabinogion by Anonymous
- Murder in Two Flats by Roy Vickers
- Eugénie Grandet by Honoré de Balzac
- The Story of My Misfortunes by Peter Abelard
- Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos
- Germinal by Emile Zola
- Осенние визиты (Autumn Visits) by Sergey Lukyanenko
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
- Oedipus the King by Sophocles
- My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische vertaling duits?